Thread: Remove virus from portable devices forever

Remove virus from portable devices forever

Hi. I have a desktop system installed with Windows 7 as the operating system. The problem is that whenever I connect any portable device or drive it downloads virus or uploads it to my system. Is there an issue with my system or the drives. I want to get rid of these viruses from my USB drives forever. Is there any antivirus or scanning tool through which I can actually detect them and remove them. Please suggest.

Re: Remove virus from portable devices forever

You can check out for the following if you want your system or your flash drives to remain unaffected. If you have a doubt with your usb drive to be associated with virus then just plugin your drive to the system. It would autoplay and give you a window with suggestions of what tasks has to be performed. Totally ignore those and follow this steps.

1)Go to start menu and select the command prompt option.
    2) Now type the drive letter which is of your USB device.
    3) after this type dir/w/o/a/p and hit enter.

A list of files would then be listed in your command window. IF those files contains file like autorun.inf, New Folder.exe, Bha.vbs, Iexplore.vbs, Info.exe, Ravmon.exe, New_Folder.exe, RVHost.exe. If these files are contained then delete them by using del command followed by the listed file name. To enable this feature for deletion type the attribute -h -r -s -a *.* and enter. Then you can aply the del feature. Its a virus. You can remove them from this step.
    Last edited by Eric B; 21-11-2009 at 06:13 PM.

To check whether your system is affected by a virus just do the following step.Go to the address bar of your windows and type C:\heap41a. If it shows a folder named heap41a then it is quite sure that your system is infected by the virus. Please scan your system with a good antivirus tool. This is actually a worm and you can use Kaspersky for this worm. It will work.

This is an attack of virus or a malware. You can remove the threats using a good antivirus scanning tool. Check out for go for AVG 9.0 latest updated software in order to remove such threats form your system. When you connect your Flash drive just run the scan drive before you open it. IT will remove the threats. Same goes for your system. You need to scan the system too with the software. Good luck.