Thread: Can we able to run existing c# applications in ubuntu?

Can we able to run existing c# applications in ubuntu?

Hi, I want help to run my existing c# programs on ubuntu. I am not able to open it now, which I am able to run on Windows xp. If you have any solution regarding this please help me to do so?

Re: Can we able to run existing c# applications in ubuntu?

Hi, I don't have any knowledge to run existing c# applications in ubuntu. Basically I don't have any knowledge about ubuntu, so I don't think that you will able to get any solution about your problem, but I will suggest you to do some searching on internet and try to find out it. I think this will provide you some solution. Or try to ask friend who has ubuntu on it's pc. I will try to search about your problem and if I find any solution about it I will reply you back.

Hello, I have not used ubuntu yet, but one of my friend is using the ubuntu. And for executing his old programs he is using MonoDevelop. I don't know what exactly it is. But he is using it and not having any problem with its existing code. That means you can able to run all those programs which you have typed before. Just try to download this software from internet or buy it. First search on internet how does it help you to run your existing programs to run C# codes in Ubuntu. Then only use it.

Hi friends, I am using ubuntu and also I have installed MonoDevelop. But, it is not solution as I am getting error when I try to open an existing exe file. It is giving an error message of "Cannot open ... No application suitable for automatic installation is available for handling this kind of file". So, I tried for opening a terminal and type "mono a.exe" which provide me output. I think there would be problem in the configuration. But, not able to trace out what is the exact problem. So, I suggest you to open it manually.