Thread: unable to write dvd using nero

unable to write dvd using nero

Hi to all friends,
    My dell computer gets completed 1 year now ,until now I don't have any single problem .But from last month when try to write dvd using nero software I get a message saying:"'Hardware acceleration is deactivated. Some capture devices may not work properly. You can activate hardware using the DirectX diagnostics tool."' I don't know what is it mean .I thought there some technical issue so I restart my computer but again I am getting the same problem.I also try some other dvd writer but the problem remain same.I am using LG dvd writer.
    Please help me out.

Re: unable to write dvd using nero

cheerful hi ,
    It seems that some setting regarding nero has been change and you have to fix it properly so that you don't get same problem any more.Don't worry about your problem it is not related to your dvd writer the problem is in nero software.Try doing following process:
    Click on Start button->click on Run-> and then type "dxdiag"
    After this Diagnostics page will open ,now performing with some basic test listed in that page your problem may be resolved.

Re: unable to write dvd using nero

Hi dude,
    From your problem it seems that your problem is in dvd-writer.Your data on the system is write on dvd using small lens that present in dvd-writer if your lens gets affected then your dvd-writer become unusable.I think your dvd-writer's lens has damage and due to this you may facing this problem.It happened because you might used pirated or low quality dvd to burn.Because when you use such type of dvd then lens have more strain to read the content on the disc.So my advice is to get new one without westing money on replacing lens.