Thread: Admin Problem ... kindly help

Admin Problem ... kindly help

Hi...!

I am new here. Never had a problem that google search couldn't solve but now i am facing one.
    I can't run any application that requires admin privileges as admin. Not even right-clicking and 'run as administrator' works. All it does is pop out the security permission window with the password space but the 'OK' button is faded out. I can't click on it, can't select it.
    I can't even turn UAC on or off since that also requires admin rights. i have searched but haven't found anything related to this problem. All there is offered is 'how to enable/disable admin account' but that doesn't work.
    kindly post a solution since i haven't been able to install or run any application or software. I am STUCK, literally ...

Re: Admin Problem ... kindly help

First of all i'll suggest you to please mention the operating system you are using. Anyways, i am considering it as Windows Vista. Now, i am not sure why this issue is occurring on your system but in order to fix it, what i can suggest you is to reset security settings. To do so, just go through these settings:-

• Click Start and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the results area, right-click cmd.exe, and then click Run as administrator. You will be prompted to type the password for an administrator account. Click Continue if you are the administrator or type the administrator password. Then, click Continue.
    • Now type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    • Code:
      secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose

You receive a "Task is completed" message and a warning message that something could not be done. You can safely ignore this message. Thats it. Now try again to run any application that requires admin privileges as admin. Do let me know the result.