Thread: How to export ical to excel

How to export ical to excel

Hi,

I want to do some simple conversions from iCal to Excel, Is there a process or utility to do this? How to export ical to excel??? I cannot find it in help or on support or anywhere. Is it possibly to export mobile phones calendar events to excel, i can sync my calendar with ical but how do i get them to excel?

Re: How to export ical to excel

Ical is a calendaring application. It is somewhat compatible with the calendaring function of Exchange server and Outlook Express. Excel is a spreadsheet application. Address Book does not have a way to export in CSV format - only in vCard but Address Book can import CSV. Although excel can do time and date calculations, it is not particular good and email or calendaring functions.

I think Excel cannot import vCal. However, I found this useful site that will do the conversion for you: http://labs.brotherli.ch/vcfconvert/. On this website , you can create groups by going in File - then add New Group and simply drag cards from the list into that group or you can also create a Smart Group and use, say, the company name to determine what gets added.

Try vSync for Outlook to Export, Import, backup and sync Microsoft Outlook Contacts and Calendar between two or more PCs or Mac using portable vCard, vCalendar and iCalendar files with vSync for Outlook. Outlook allows you to convert (export or import) only one contact into the vCard formatted file at a time. You can also convert all or selected Outlook calendar events into the vCalendar, iCalendar, iCal format (.vcs and .ics file). Filter contacts and calendar events during import and export.

Xmen said "I want to do some simple conversions from iCal to Excel, Is there a process or utility to do this? How to export ical to excel???"

Here is one app that does this - supports many layouts too:
    Last edited by Maqbool; 02-09-2010 at 06:17 AM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
    I think Excel cannot import vCal. However, I found this useful site that will do the conversion for you: http://labs.brotherli.ch/vcfconvert/. On this website , you can create groups by going in File - then add New Group and simply drag cards from the list into that group or you can also create a Smart Group and use, say, the company name to determine what gets added.
    good site, thanks!