Thread: How to handle .net passport

How to handle .net passport

Hi,
    I am setting up 4 PC at my office. The 5th one is the server which lies in my cabin. Each system is working on Windows Vista. But I want to configure all the systems in such a way that only prescribed users can use the systems. First I need some settings by which if I can assign auto login to a user. The system must logged in without clicking on the profile or entering the password. But there should be other accounts too. Second thing how to handle a .net passport and how to prevent automatic connection to my passport. NET. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to handle .net password

If you does not want to add password on the login then you can follow the below solution. Click Start> Run and type "control userpasswords2" without the quotes then click OK. A window opens and lets you choose how users open their sessions and they must enter a password. If you want to configure the display screen of the user account at the time of Windows boot then you will have to edit Windows Registry. Click on Run > Type regedit. The expand the tree HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Winlogon \ SpecialAccounts \ UserList. For the account to edit, set the value "0x00000001" to display the account, or "0x00000000" to hide the account.

You can use the below settings to work with .net passport. Expand the Start Menu> Settings> Control Panel> User Accounts. Then click the profile you want to change (s) account (s) passport. NET. In the left window, select Manage my network passwords. A window opens and you can make any desired changes. To prevent automatic connection to .net passport then click Start > Settings > Control Panel > User Accounts. Click on the tab Advanced, then Manage network passwords. In the dialog "names and passwords registered user, click on" Passport. Net \ * ", then click" Remove. " This does not remove your Passport account, but prevents the automatic connections, even if you select the checkbox Automatically open a session when connected to the Internet in the General tab of the dialog Options for MSN Messenger eg. Click Close then click OK.

You can display the Administrator account from the logon window for Windows Vista. This is done in two steps. First open the registry (Start > Run > Type regedit), expand the tree HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Winlogon \ SpecialAccounts \ UserList. Add the entry "Administrator" (Administrator for versions of Vista in English) of type DWORD with the value "0x00000001" to view the account, or "0x00000000" to hide the account. Secondly you can just click on the Orb (Start Menu) and make right-click> Manage on My Computer. Then click on Local Users and Groups and click Users, display the Administrator account properties and uncheck "account is disabled" (Account is disabled). The change will take place at next startup.