Thread: This identity cannot be opened with this version of Entourage

This identity cannot be opened with this version of Entourage

Hi

I copied the old folder of Microsoft User data before performing a clean install of the operating system, I am unable to use the old Entourage identity after new installation. I made a copy of the old identity, name and copy it into the appropriate location. When it comes to change of identity, I get the following message, this identity cannot be opened with this version of Entourage. Does anyone knows of a way to correct this problem without losing my data base?

Re: This identity cannot be opened with this version of Entourage

Download and install Service Pack 2 for Office 2004. Then, your installation should magically "find" their primary identity without any problem. I understand that good old Member States is screwing with us as usual and somehow fundamentally altered Entourage with your service packs so that the identities created in previous versions.

"This identity can not be opened with this version of Entourage". This message usually means, for example, any Identity saved with a 12.1.0 and previous version will not open in 12.0.0 or later version. As there was a database format change in 12.1.0 (SP1), Entourage 12.0.0 or 12.0.1 can not open a database stored in the later version. Entourage 2004 also had an updated database of the original version. Just update the entourage and your identity will open.

You need to update Entourage to the latest version running Microsoft AutoUpdate in your applications folder and you should be able to access your database again. Just update your installed copy of Entourage to match the version of your database and try downloading the Office updates too, there are a few for version 2004. When in Office go to Help-Check for Updates, or go to Mactopia and download them direct from there. Install them in the correct order.