Thread: Entourage Error : Could not open that feature mail

Entourage Error : Could not open that feature mail

Hi,

I'm using Entourage X on a PowerBook G4 with 10.5.2. The error message began to appear from when I tried to check email yesterday morning. All other features of the entourage appears to be accessible. When I click the e-mail function that opens a blank on my computer category. Try clicking on any of the categories below (Inbox, Outbox, Sent, personal folders, etc.) I get the error message "Could not open that feature. Entourage gets stuck and this error message comes over and over again until I force quit Entourage. Any suggestions?

Re: Entourage Error : Could not open that feature mail

Before giving answer to your question, can you tells us the below things :
    * Make sure you have a problem rather than a network or server failure.
    * What is your email provider?
    * What is the e-mail protocol POP3 or IMAP?
    * How much free space do you have on your hard drive?

Try rebuilding the database. In Entourage X, first go to Entourage> Turn Off Office Notifications. Now, quit Entourage, and then restart Entourage holding down the Option key. When the Rebuild dialog box appears, choose for a typical reconstruction. If this does not solve the problem, repeat procedure, opting instead for advanced Rebuild.

Try dragging the folder on the desktop. This creates an mbox file. Now switch to a new identity in Entourage under File. Drag the MBOX file into the folder list. Now you can see the mail. If mail is fine, then return to their original identity and remove the problematic folder. Drag the MBOX file back to the folder list and test it.

If you are using Mac OS X 10.4 or later, you must use Disk Utility instead of fsck, whenever possible. In some situations, file system errors may prevent the computer from booting. This can occur after an improper shutdown, forced restart, or power outage. If your computer shows any of these symptoms at the start, use a disk repair utility.

"Could not open that feature mail" means that the demon of the database has crashed or been quit. To resolve this issue try the below steps :
    1) Open the Activity Monitor, select all the processes: the type of demon. You see the Database Daemon Microsoft and the Microsoft AU daemon (that launches the automatic update program.) Allow the daemon Microsoft Database (s). You may need to Force Quit.
    2) Open System Preferences -> Accounts -> Startup Items. Remove all if more than one database daemon Microsoft.
    3) Open / Users / Library / Preferences. Remove the com.microsoft.OfficeNotifications.plist