Thread: Insufficient Memory error while opening a database

Insufficient Memory error while opening a database

Hi,
    I have copied some Database file from my office to home pc. When I imported the same a insufficient memory error appeared and the database fails to open. How memory does a office applications needs to open a database. Another problem is I had removed that database. But now the programs ask for open a particular application everytime when I run it. How can I remove this message. In the similar manner when I try to edit a record in the database it prompts a message that it is edited by other user. Thanks in advance.

Re: Insufficient Memory error while opening a database

This problem may occur if your computer has less than 1GB of RAM and the database is very large. Problems of this type are solved by applying the Office 97 Service Release 1. This service pack is available on the Microsoft website. For removing the message of open application you will need to edit windows registry. First install the Service Pack 8, Jet engine. Then in the registry, under the key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Jet \ 4.0 \ Engines], create or edit the DWORD value named SandBoxMode with the value 2. In the same manner under the key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Office \ 11.0 \ Access \ Security], create or edit the DWORD value named Level with a value of 1.

To stop the message automatically, you can create a registry file (.reg file ) that you can run to say that the change is applied. Open notepad and put the following content, this for Windows Registry Editor Version 5. Type the following [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Jet \ 4 . 0 \ Engines] " SandBoxMode " = dword: 00000002 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Office \ 11 . 0 \ Access \ Security] " Level " = dword: 00000001. Save this file with extension .reg. Double click on it to run the same. For the write conflict where you get a another user error you should try to change something in the same table (or one of the tables involved) as shown on the active form. If the record you are editing SQL is contained in the same page (one page = block of records that Access stops completely when you edit a single record of the page) then the current record in the form is conflicted.

In order to prevent the display of safety warnings related to macros when opening a database. You will need to stop the display of warnings related to macros, change the security level set to Low in the Security Level tab (Tools menu, point to Macro and click Security).If you do not have the Security option in the Macro submenu, you can drag and drop them going in the search. Choose View -> Toolbars -> Customize ... -> Commands tab -> Category Tools -> Command Security.