Thread: Recover a database in Microsoft Access

Recover a database in Microsoft Access

Hi,
    What is the way to recover a database without going through the Access Interface. I have some files which are not working. I have seen a mde type files in the directory. What does it means. If I develop a application in MS Access then does this application is compatible with all the other version of Access. How to implement triggers in Access. In my case I am also not able to open the help file in Ms Access. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Recover a database in Microsoft Access

An MDE file is a Access database stored in a compiled state. The modified forms, reports, macros and modules is impossible to access. Creating an MDE file improves application performance, it reduced its size and protects his party application modifications. Be careful when you convert your basic Mde, carefully keep a copy of the original mdb file for the compilation is irreversible. To recover a database without going through the Access Interfaceyou will need to first run cmd and type the following - C:\Program Files\Office2000\Office\MSACCESS.EXE or C:\Mes documents\MaBase.mdb / repair. The base will be repaired and you can open it. Otherwise you can also use CompactDatabase to repair the same..

Yes if you have developed an application with a version of Access than it must work with other version also. But on the contrary this can be issue with some new or very old versions. A knowledge base that developed under Access 2003 and saved in Access 2003 will not be usable by previous versions of Access. Triggers are not supported on the database MS-Access.

Some help files are placed in the folder C: \ Program Files \ Common Files while seeking support in the record. Simply copy the help file. You can also enable or disable the automatic correction for all Office applications. To Enable / Disable spellchecker, you will have to edit the registry key. First take a backup of the registry file so that you can restore the same on any errors. To disables the correction: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Office \ 11 . 0 \ Common \ AutoCorrect] ACOptions = dword: 00000000 correctTwoInitialCapitals = dword: 00000000 CapitalizeSentence = dword: 00000000 CapitalizeNamesOfDays = dword: 00000000 ToggleCapsLock = dword: 00000000. ReplaceText = dword: 00000000.