Thread: disappearing playlists in wmp

disappearing playlists in wmp

The playlists in my wmp 11 have disappeared. I found them located in a file in the my documents/mymusic/myplaylists section of my computer. Is there any way to get them back into wmp. Someone suggested going to monitor folders and adding that file, but this didn't work. I don't need to add the songs to my library, they are all there. I just want all the playlists to be listed in wmp's playlist section so I can load the songs to my mp3 player without having to create all those playlists all over again? If anyone knows how to do this I would be very greatful. Also, if this is not possible and I just have to create new lists, would someone let me know? Thanks

Re: disappearing playlists in wmp

You can delete those WPL files, but they will be recreated for new series, and for all series when you go to the sync settings page. I think you might accidentally delete it, anyway just create new play list. Just open the folder of media files, select all (ctrl+a)shortcut, then right click and then you need to select add to play list. Then you need to select new and rename it (the playlist, so that you'll find it easy).

You might accidentally delete it, anyway just create new play list or
    Try pressing one of these button combinations :

CTRL + 3
    CTRL + 7
    CTRL + 8
    CTRL + 9
    ALT + Left Arrow
    ALT + Right Arrow

Hi,
    Please check the location of the file. See if the file is in the correct location. Try rebuilding your database in the main user account, even this may be the problem. Wmp11 has removed the tree view which used to be on the left side of the library, so you cannot drill down in your playlists like you could before. In this newer version you can see all of your playlists by right - clicking the word "playlists" at the left of the Library view. Now from the context menu choose show all. This may solve your problem, if not then do post back.

Thanks for your help. I found a solution. Nothing I did would actually put the playlists in wmp itself. For some reason wmp seems to have just created a playlist folder in my documents and put all the playlists there. However, when I open a playlist from that folder, it opens wmp and then I can just sync the playlist to my sansa clip. I tried using "save playlist as" when the list is in use, but wmp just directs it to that folder rather than saving it directly in wmp. Maybe that' just how it works now. Thanks again

When you select Save Playlist As from the file menu you will always be taken to the default folder where all the playlists are saved, so you can then browse to any location and save your playlist, its not necessary to save it in the default folder...

I have this problem too. I think mine is some corrupted file or an index problem... I suspect that the drive my music is on got filled up with a system backup and there must have been issue where wmp tried to write something out and it got broken. It looks like not all my music folders are showing up in WMP either.

If so there must be someone to repoint the playlist folder to the WMP Playlist section... a reorg of sorts???