Thread: New improvements in Windows 7

New improvements in Windows 7

Hi,
    I want to upgrade my system to Windows 7. Currently I am using Windows XP. The system look very old now. I had upgraded a new 1GB Graphic card with new motherboard and processor. In this I will like to run Windows 7. As I am not familiar with it I need some information on the different new features of Windows 7. What are the first thing I will see after the operating system is installed. I know this operating system has much more new enhanced features as compare to the older version of Windows.

Re: New improvements in Windows 7

The Desktop (the main working environment) is the starting point of any action on your computer. On this particular element the users has more expectations and it is also this element they are most reluctant to change. However, all good things come to an end and agree with the criticisms which had been experienced Windows XP and Windows Vista on the small number of changes to the interface, Microsoft decided that Windows Seven is the perfect opportunity to advance effectively and implement change.

The desktop folder shown in the background on which is your most often used with the trash or just your favorite wallpaper, The start menu represented by the Windows orb from which you can access specific locations of your computer (Documents, Network, Control Panel, etc..) But also from which you can run most applications installed on your computer. The taskbar area at the bottom of the screen and is located in a thumbnail (small miniature) for each application or window open. It also contains a Quick Launch bar to place shortcuts to your favorite applications or files, the notification area, which happens to be the area located to the left of the clock and where are the icons of running applications or Windows services, but also the place where bubbles arise notices warning you of certain special events such as missing up on a partition, updating your system or information on the security of your computer.

The start menu has been included on the Windows Vista. He had fully satisfied the users with its finder, vertical bar of intelligent search, allowing either to find a program by browsing the tree programs installed (although this is possible), but simply by typing a few letters his name to create a short list of programs or files or emails matching the text you enter. Indeed, it is possible via the start menu to open a mail or other file on the hard disk. This has been further improved on Windows 7, as you can and throw something in the control panel but also a file in the downloads folder or a file in your personnel file. Its interface was a little review and customization has also changed a bit and it is normally possible to change the button action "extinction" by another action such as Hibernate, Logoff or another. It was already possible with Windows Vista but had to go rummaging in the depths of the energy management to change the action.

The taskbar is one of the things that has completely changed on Windows Seven, which shows the constant efforts by Microsoft to provide an intuitive interface and useful to users. It's functional and graphical effects all of which were supported by technical choices or to improve the user experience. The first concerns is the thumbnails applications. The images have been enlarged to allow better access but this is only the basic functionality that will follow. Firstly, for the first time, the icons are movable into the taskbar, you can take a and shift. All images of the same applications will be shifted the same way. Then a gap was made between each type of sticker to consolidate applications and avoid confusion.

Then a new version of the miniature windows. In Windows Vista and natively in Windows XP using a third-party tool, it was possible to display a thumbnail of a window simply by moving the mouse over its thumbnail. The operation remains the same but the little window in miniature was improved by adding a small red cross to close the application without requiring the right-click> close or expand the window and click on the cross from the upper right. Second improvement in the case of several images of the same application window will contain miniature thumbnails of all images involved and will pass from one to another very easily. This feature is called Aero Peek. To recall, regularly, when you launch an application, an icon came to this place to place, more often these icons (sound, network anti-virus, etc.). It is in this area that were especially many icons that you were not necessarily useful, impeded the view and taking up space unnecessarily. The first change was to remove these icons, but not entirely. Now, by default, only icons are displayed significant default (sound, network, security) and a small arrow that opens a panel in which to find all the other icons. Thanks to this panel that all will be configurable. In fact, you can for each icon on a case by case basis, decide whether to display the icon next to the Sidebar. Whether the system icons or the icons of your programs, you will return to decide whether or not the icon will appear right next to the clock or if you want it to be hidden in the panel icons.