Thread: Outlook error "The list of Profiles cannot be loaded"

Outlook error "The list of Profiles cannot be loaded"

Hi, i am Windows Xp user. Yesterday i have installed MS Office 2007 on one of my Xp system. All applications are working fine but today when i am trying to open Outlook 2007, it gives me an error message stating "The list of Profiles cannot be loaded." I am not aware of this error. hope you guys have any suggestion regarding the same. Please make me know how can i fix this outlook error ? Thanks for all your help.

Re: Outlook error "The list of Profiles cannot be loaded"

Most probably, this error is the cause of the compatibility mode. You can get some more error messages like No profile has been created, or Unable to open the Outlook window. It happens when Outlook.exe file was configured to open with the Windows program compatibility mode setting on Windows XP computer.

So in order to fix this error message, you need to disable the compatibility mode on your system. Here is how to do that:-

• Minimize all opened programs.
    • Locate the following folder.
      C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
    • Right-click Outlook.exe, and then click Properties.
    • On the Compatibility tab, click to clear the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box.
    • Click OK.
    • Try to start Outlook again. Hope there is no more error message now.

In Microsoft Outlook, this error also occurs when the registry key that stores the profile settings for Outlook is damaged. So you can also fix the issue by deleting the said damaged key. To delete the registry key follow these steps:-

• Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.

• Locate one of the following registry keys, as appropriate for the version of Microsoft Windows that you are using:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem
    • Delete the Profiles key under the Windows Messaging (Subsystem) key.

• To do this, right-click Profiles, and then click Delete. Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
    • Thats it !!

Thanks a lot buddy. I just tried disabling the compatibility mode but that does worked for me. But fixing the registry key worked for me . Now i can run my Outlook comfortably with out any error message. I appreciate all your help. Keep it up

Working with Windows registry is really dangerous for your system. So don't ever work with registry unless taking backup of your system or creating a restore point. In case, this problem occurs again you can also try the Microsoft FixIt solution to fix it itself. What you need to do this is just click the Fix this problem link. Click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.