Thread: Addons not installed in firefox 3.5.4

Addons not installed in firefox 3.5.4

Hi
    I installed a fresh copy of windows xp and then I installed Firefox 3.5.4 and tried to install some addons from xpi file by dragging it to the fiefox window. The installer showed that the addons were installed and asked to restart the firefox to take the changes. When I restarted Firefox there were no addons installed except the default once. I tried from the mozilla addon site, I downloaded it and tried to install it, but no use same results. Even I reinstalled firefox and tried it, but the results were still the same. So, any advice or suggestion, why it is so?

Re: Addons not installed in firefox 3.5.4

Hi
    Firefox 3.5.4 is the latest version of Mozilla and it just works fine on my machine. Now what you do is uninstall Firefox 3.5.4 from your machine. While uninstallation remove all the your personal setting and etc.. Before you uninstall Firefox 3.5.4 delete all temporary files, history and cookies etc.. When uninstallation is finished remove junk files and registry values.. Restart the machine and install Firefox 3.5.4 again. Now download addon's from mozilla site and try to install them in firefox 3.4.5. If you are adding the flashgot addon for mozilla (for integrating download managers) then first install the download manager ex flashget, IDM etc. Hope this will work for you.

Hi
    The above solution should work with you. If it does not help's you then unistall firefox, make a new user account and then install firefox 3.5.4 and see if it works. One other alternative is start Firefox in the Safe Mode, disable all addons -> plugins will be disabled now. Start firefox in the normal mode and now install addons and post us back if your problem is solved or not. If not do post us back. Feel free to post agains.

Thanks guys for your help
    First I had problems even if I reinstalled Firefox 3.5.4. But now I have successfully installed firefox 3.5.4 with their plugins. I do not know what was the problem though, I clear all my history, temporary files and cookies etc. I even remove the junk files and register values. That is it, nothing more. I restarted my computer and installed afresh copy of Firefox 3.5.4 and it was installed properly with all the addon's I selected for installation. Thanks again.