Thread: Need help adding a Shockwave Flash control to a PowerPoint slide

Need help adding a Shockwave Flash control to a PowerPoint slide

Hi, i am basically a Windows Xp user. Yesterday i assembled a new computer with Windows Vista and installed Microsoft Office 2007. All applications are working fine, but i am not able to add Shockwave Flash control in the Powerpoint presentation slide. Could you guys please guide me adding Shockwave Flash control to a PowerPoint 2007 slide ? Help appreciated.

Re: Need help adding a Shockwave Flash control to a PowerPoint slide

Adobe Flash is a graphics and animation package that can save files in a format that is compatible with PowerPoint. Neither the PowerPoint viewer nor the Macintosh versions of PowerPoint support the use of ActiveX controls. Only Microsoft PowerPoint 97 and later can use ActiveX controls. Macromedia Flash is a popular animation tool that allows you to create animations from scratch. To download Macromedia Flash player just click on this link

Here is how to add a Shockwave Flash control to a slide in PowerPoint, just follow these simple steps:-

• Right-click the inserted Shockwave Flash control, and then click Properties.

• Click the Movie property. In the Value box, type the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) or drive path to the *.swf file that you want to play.

• Make sure that the Playing property is set to True.

Just go through these steps to Add Flash in PowerPoint:-

1. Click the "Office" menu in the upper left of PowerPoint 2007 and choose "PowerPoint Options."
    2. Click the "Popular" category and click to check off the box next to "Show Developer Tab in Ribbon." Click "OK."
    3. Click the "Developer" tab at the top of the screen and click "More Controls" (bottom right) in the "Control Panel."
    4. Choose "Shockwave Flash Object" from the alphabetical list. Click "OK."
    5. Click and drag on the slide to create a box to contain the flash video. It will look like a rectangle with a big X in it.
    6. Click the "Office" menu and the command "Save" to save your presentation changes.
    7. Right-click the flash object box on the slide and choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
    8. Click the box to the right of "Custom" at the top of the "Properties" window and click the button on the far right of that line with three dots on it.
    9. Enter the path on your computer to the SWF file you want to embed, and click the check box next to "Embed Movie." If your SWF file is in the same folder as your PowerPoint Presentation, just enter the filename. Click "OK."
    10. Close the "Properties" window and click the "View" tab, then "Slide Show" (upper left) to preview the presentation and test the flash movie on the slide.

Source: ehow.com

Because of this link in the ActiveX control, Pack and Go cannot pack the Flash animation file. If you plan to use this animation on another computer, use either of the following methods:

Make the animation file available on a common network share or Web server.

Or

Move the animation file separately, and then update the path to the file in the properties of the control.

sireUrgeselar Guest

japan technology

Creative technology is the field we Japanese are industrious as ants, but it's like a rib, relaxing.

Are you met with the stereotypical assessment us Japanese?

Thanks all member

I have a similar question but different. In PowerPoint 2007 (I have Windows7) after installing Shockwave player, it does not show up in the Developer Tab with the drop down box under More Controls. I have installed it and uninstalled it and reinstalled it but it never shows up in the listing for more controls. All it shows is: Adobe PDF Reader, CDDB Control Class, Microsoft Silverlight and Popup Control. I am obviously doing something wrong. Any advice you can give me would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have a similar question but different. In PowerPoint 2007 (I have Windows7) after installing Shockwave player, it does not show up in the Developer Tab with the drop down box under More Controls. I have installed it and uninstalled it and reinstalled it but it never shows up in the listing for more controls. All it shows is: Adobe PDF Reader, CDDB Control Class, Microsoft Silverlight and Popup Control. I am obviously doing something wrong. Any advice you can give me would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Hey have you tried out the solution that has been mentioned here.

Yes! It says, "5.In the list of controls, click Shockwave Flash Object, click OK, and then drag on the slide to draw the control."
    My problem is that Shockwave Flash Object" does not ever appear in the list of controls.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian J. View Post
    Yes! It says, "5.In the list of controls, click Shockwave Flash Object, click OK, and then drag on the slide to draw the control."
    My problem is that Shockwave Flash Object" does not ever appear in the list of controls.
    I think that the Shockwave Flash Object should be in Insert>Object>Flash Document and then you browse to the swf. I just found it in PPT 2007, hope that helps you out.

Thank you. I will give it a try when I get a break.