Thread: TrueCrypt for making image backup

TrueCrypt for making image backup

Hello,
    if I secure my c drive with TrueCrypt program and wants back up with Ghost or Acronis ,does anyone know if it works? TrueCrypt does have a recovery DVD to restore your boot loader. any one have idea about it ?
    thank you

re: TrueCrypt for making image backup

I don't found anything supportive in the troubleshooting section of truecrypt.org. i dont think you can use multiple application like Ghost or Acronis with TrueCrypt as TrueCrypt is utilize special encryption for coding

There you can mount entire hardisk for encryption also you can provide hard disk location for volume . If you decide to encrypt your disk subsystem i.e. the partition on which Windows is installed, then anyone trying to access it must enter the password on each time of Windows bootup. check here for more http://www.techarena.in/guide/12587-...on-program.htm

got a little problem with truecrypt and I hope that some one here can help me.

i have a PC HP Compaq 6930p with win XP pro sp3 by partitioning my hard drive (2 partitions c: the system and D: data). truuecrypt have installed on c and the encrypt partion d:but at boot after Windows starts have redirect me to truecrypt prompt for password and automatically mounts my partition in a volume

The I made a ghost image of the disk (C: and D the system the data rypte)
    Once finished, I took another computer then I placed the ghost image.I restart the pc boot normally open windows normal ,but when I have to enter the password truecrypt, i got a message telling me that my pass is wrong or that there are no volume mount a truecrypt

Same problem after 3 unsuccessful attempts, it told me that the volume header crash and my intention to restore the header. if I restore the header everything working again.