Thread: Entourage quits when I open preferences

Entourage quits when I open preferences

Hi,

I tried to install Office 2004, but the new version of Entourage would not open my identity. I hard drive failure so I had to replace it with a new unit. I had all my data backup so I could reinstall almost everything, but when I try to open Enourage preferences, the application quits. When I look at the error report tells me EXC_BAD_ACCESS. Is this a common problem when transferring the application to a new effort?

Re: Entourage quits when I open preferences

Entourage quits when I open preferences, this could be because of old identity, try rebuilding the database. In Entourage 2004, you must start the utility database from Microsoft.

1. Launch Entourage, holding down the Option key. Or, start the Database utility separately, but is found hard disk / Applications / Microsoft
    Office 2004/Office /.

2. If prompted, allow the Database Utility to quit open Office applications.

3. Once the utility of the database is open, select your identity from the list the top.

4. Click the Back button to generate the database, and click Continue.

The error probably means that the database corruption. Try rebuilding the database. You can test your database a new user.
    1. First drag the folder Microsoft User Data to the shared folder, create a new user in System Preferences.
    2. The change to a new user, drag the Microsoft User folder data records (this is copy the file).
    3. Open Entourage to try. Do not forget to drag around shared after completing the test.

If the database fails on the new user, you know you need to rebuild. Make sure you have enough space on your hard drive

Try to export your data to the new identity. Go to File> Export. Select to export all the items and / or all kinds of items to an Entourage archive. Then when you do that, switch to their new identity. Go to File> Import, and follow the instructions to import the file contents. Note that you will have to re-create the preferences, accounts, mail rules list entries, etc

It is necessary to apply all updates of Office. The Entourage database has been updated and can not be opened for the CD version. This is an Office update package. Before installation: Close all applications that are running, including virus protection applications, all Office applications, Microsoft Messenger for Mac and Office Notifications, because they might interfere with installation. Select "check for updates" in the Help menu or download from Mactopia.