Thread: Need some suggestions before upgrading Vista

Need some suggestions before upgrading Vista

Hi,
    I would like to upgrade to the full version of Windows 7 Ultimate. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium in my Acer laptop. See the below details for full configuration. I need some suggestions before upgrading to Windows 7. Can I m move my all applications to Windows 7 which are currently in Windows Vista. It is necessary to get a upgrade version. The system configuration is as follows - Acer Aspire 6935G, Windows Home Premium 32 bit, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T6400, 16''Acer Cine Crystal HD, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, etc.

Re: Need some suggestions before upgrading Vista

Yes you can do a upgrade. But the model number you had mentioned you will face the GPU error. It is recommended that first search for the appropriate drivers and then run a upgrade. Mainly Windows Vista drivers are supported by Windows 7 but in most cases you can face compatibility errors. So better get the drivers first and then go for upgrade.

You can also buy a Windows 7 disc. But that will be a little more costly as compare to the upgrade version. Here if you get a disc then you have your Windows Vista operating system also. In case if you face any compatibility errors then you can revert back to your old operating system back. I have performed a upgrade. The only problem lies here that most of the manufacturer does not provide a pure 100% Windows 7 drivers.

You cannot run your applications after running the upgrade. Because Windows installation will clear up everything you had kept before. So better recommended that first take a backup and then run the upgrade process. Under this you will loose your Windows Vista serial key and you will be provided with a new Windows 7 upgrade serial key. Also you will have to understand that once you upgraded to Windows 7 then you cannot revert back.

All drivers seem to remain in a known upgrade of Windows 7upgrade from Vista and no problems with such process. I have already upgraded my system. For the missing drivers I had downloaded all the needful from the manufacturer site which works fine. Further you need more RAM support in Windows 7. The driver issue is most common in this operating system.

I will recommend you that before upgrade first make necessary arrangement for the drivers. In the laptop model you mentioned the most common error lies in the VGA part. You will face critical system problem if you have not kept the drivers safe. You can also take a backup of your Windows Vista drivers also. Second thing make sure that you cannot safeguard your old application. All will be cleared up and then re-installation is needed.