Thread: How to convert MKV file to use with Apple tv

How to convert MKV file to use with Apple tv

I have many mkv files that have a bitrate of a normal 720p files. I would lijke to know that how can i convert MKV file to use with Apple tv? I want to keep the quality as close to the original as possible as the files will be HD (720p or 1080p). Does any body knows about it? Let me know the correct way of doing it. Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: How to convert MKV file to use with Apple tv

The AppleTV can playback these 720p files beautifully. And there is no quality loss on the video. This is just a list of various file formats tested playing natively on the Apple TV (i.e. through Frontrow). The codec sources are noted, if needed. Drop the .component bundle in /Library/QuickTime on the Apple TV. After conversion they look exactly like their .mkv originals. The biggest change on these files is the Stereo AAC audio after conversion.

Matroska aims to become THE standard of multimedia container formats. All I do is set it to convert for AppleTV at the Go Nuts quality setting (I believe H264 will automatically turn on, but you should check). I also go into the Advanced settings and set the audio bitrate to 160kbps. It was derived from a project called MCF, but differentiates from it significantly because it is based on EBML (Extensible Binary Meta Language), a binary derivative of XML.

If you wanna to convert your Matroska video with the file extension .MKV to Apple TV, the following software has the ability to perform the conversion job easy and fast. MKV to Apple TV converter is just the program you need. It enables to convert MKV files to desired video formats compatible for iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, Zune, PSP, GPhone, BlackBerry, Mobile Phones, MP4,/MP3 Player, etc. it is known to its fast conversion speed and high output video quality .