Thread: How to create object in Autocad

How to create object in Autocad

Hi,
    I am newbie in Autocad. I want to create a object in it which shows up a area of a land. I had worked in different type of designing software. But in the same way I am not familiar with the interface of Autocad. I need some information on creating a basic drawing in Autocad. Second thing also post some suggestion regarding the Coordinate System used in Autocad. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to create object in Autocad

By creating a new drawing, a template can be used with standard parameters. This template can be one of those supplied with AutoCAD, or one that has been customized to include the required parameters. As template you can use an existing drawing. AutoCAD also provides two assistants. The wizards use the current template, but modify certain parameters of the scales according to the information provided. For example, both attendees automatically adjust the scale factors for the parameters of marking and the height of the text.

Follow this instructions to create your drawing in Autocad. On the File menu, select New. In the dialog box Create new drawing, select Defaults. Select parameters, select English or Metric and click accept. The picture opens with the default parameters of AutoCAD. With the Quick Setup Wizard, set the basic parameters that help define the measurement units and the area of the drawing. These parameters also determine the width including the type of basic unit (as units of feet and inches II, decimals, feet and inches I. ..) to be used for viewing and plotting. It also determines the width and length of the drawing area, establishing, thus, their environment, ie the limits.

While you draw, you will notice that there are certain features of AutoCAD that are used frequently. One is the coordinate system used to designate points in the drawing. To work with cross-sectional views, isometric or three-dimensional (3D), we can establish a personal coordinate system (SPC) mobile. A coordinate system has three axes, X, Y and Z. When specifying values for these coordinates, indicating a distance from the point (in units) and sense (+ or -) along the axes about the origin of the coordinate system (0,0,0). When starting a new drawing in AutoCAD, automatically uses the world coordinate system (UCS). The X axis is horizontal, the axis is vertical and the Z axis is perpendicular to the XY plane.