Thread: Not able to install MS Office in Windows Vista

Not able to install MS Office in Windows Vista

Hi,
    I am trying to install Office 2007 in my Windows Vista computer. At the time of installation a error popped up not able to access C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink because the directory is corrupted something like that. After the error the installation stops automatically. I tried to put back again but no success. What is problem here. Does my installation file is corrupted.

Re: Not able to install MS Office in Windows Vista

The problem lies due to missing system directory. You can restore that back if you have Windows disc. Here is the way to do it. Click on Start and launch cmd (command prompt ). It lies in the Accessories folder. Make sure that you are logged in administrator or just right click on the cmd and choose run as administrator. Insert Windows disc and type the following command. Type sfc /scannow. Hit enter. The Windows disc will restore the missing directory.

You can try a system restore process in order to put back those old settings in which applications were working normal. If you have any restore point then launch the application System Restore located in the System folder in Start Menu. Select a prior date and lets Windows put back old settings. Once the settings are restored you can try to re-install the applications back.

You will need first take the ownership of the folder to fix the problem. Open Windows explorer. Then right click on the directory which is causing the issue and choose properties. Go to Security tab and click on Advance button. In the windows go to Owner tab and here you see the current owner of your system. Click on Edit and then just select the name of user in Change owner to box. Give OK and reboot your system. It is necessary that you must logged in as administrator to run the application.