Thread: Error message : Your Office database is damaged

Error message : Your Office database is damaged

Hi,

In Entourage I am getting the warning "Your Office database is damaged, Do you want to quit all programs so that Microsoft Office the usefulness of the database can run? " Then an error message which is followed shortly by "The action could not be completed. A Unknown Error (4363) occurred. "

I get these messages more often when I try to delete items in the Entourage's Deleted Items folder warning has been happening for a couple of weeks. I do not use MSN Messenger.

Re: Error message : Your Office database is damaged

Clearing your cache does not reduce the size of the database. The spatial database will be left with "waste" on it every time you delete something. However, this is not all bad, since the wasted space is used with the new data is added. Thus, for a period of time (assuming that you are deleting things on the go) the database is likely to reach an optimum size, after the material is removed is approximately equal to the things we add, not further growth occurs.

The "Verify database" has been known to give false reports. One option that can cause these false reports is a corrupted preference. Try deleting this preference file in your User's --> Library Preferences:

com.microsoft.OfficeNotifications.plist

To see if the background verify option is giving a false report, try running the Database Utility and having it do a verify operation. If it gives you a clean bill of health, you know you are safe in turning off the background checking.

Some users have had to uncheck this preference to stop the constant warnings. If you are not experiencing any problems turn off the "Verify database". I do recommend that you run regular backups of your database. Use Tasks to set up a reminder.

Try Repairing the disk permissions, to repair disk permissions, follow these steps:
    1. Start the Disk Utility. Disk Utility is located in the following folder:
    2. HD/Applications/Utilities
    3. Select your Mac OS startup volume in the column on the left side of the Disk Utility window.
    4. Click the First Aid tab.
    5. Click Repair Disk Permissions.
    6. After the repair is finished, restart the computer.