Thread: Install a hardware by using compatibilty mode

Install a hardware by using compatibilty mode

Hi,
    I am trying to install a driver for web cam using Windows Vista installation. I had run the setup file but after running for sometime a error comes up that Windows cannot install the driver. Is there a way which I can install the same by using compatibility mode. I had never done this before. Any suggestion would really be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Install a hardware by using compatibilty mode

The procedure here work for Windows Vista and Windows 7. There is way by which you can install the driver under compatibility mode. First copy and paste the file on the desktop. Then right click on the drive file and choose properties > Compatibility tab. You will have to choose a appropriate option here. Click on Apply > OK. After that right click on the file and choose run as administrator. Install the same.

Just right click on the setup file and go to properties. Then click on Compatibility tab and tick on first option. The option states Run this program in compatibility mode for : under the list choose the type of operating system you want. If the driver is compatible with Windows XP or Vista then choose one from it. Again click on last option Run this program as an administrator. Click apply > OK. Run the setup and restart your pc.

It is recommended that if drivers does not work in compatibility mode then you will have to arrange drivers for what version of windows you are using right now. Open device manager and then right click on the hardware. Click update drivers and let windows search for the relevant files. In most cases this does not work but just give a try.