Thread: Ping and IP config not working in Windows 7

Ping and IP config not working in Windows 7

Hi,
    Ping and Ipconfig command does not provide any result in my Windows 7 computer. I have a fluctuating internet connection. So I keep my site on ping in command prompt. But now when give the command in cmd it does not display any result. In the same way when I type IPconfig to get IP details then also nothing is found on the screen. Any suggestion would really be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Ping and IP config not working in Windows 7

Have you check out that the connection cable between your PC and other device is working fine. The cable does not have any problem. Just check it. Then ping ip 127.0.0.1. It is the IP of default ethernet card. This shows that your ethernet card is working fine or not. Many time the sockets create troubles in the system.

First check out that there is no third party tool in your computer. This can be a network monitoring application. If you have any then remove it completely. Many time this application does not allow to give ping request. Also check that your net connection is live. Other wise your application is corrupted. You can use a third party tool or run a repair option form Windows disc.

First ensure that your are logged in as Administrator. Then check that your internet is fine. After that repair Winsock Registry keys. Type netsh winsock reset in the search box and hit enter. After that a minor editing in Windows registry file can fix up the issue. Run windows registry file and navigate to the following path - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2. Delete the relevant keys and restart your system.

Hello, i am having the same issue with the ping command. The executable is there, i can see the window trying to open with no luck. Can you tell me what u mean exactly by "deleting the necessary registry keys"?