Thread: Cannot install new version of msn

Cannot install new version of msn

Good evening,

For about a week I can no longer log on msn , When I click "Login" this message appears:

"A new version is available. You must install the new version to continue. Would you install it now?"

I put "Yes" ... Download starts ... soon as he finishes an error message appears (with the header "tugD2.exe-Ordinal Not Found"):

"The ordinal 266 could not be located in the dynamic link library msi.dll.

I uninstalled and reinstalled msn 10 000 times but it does not works

please help me thanks in advance

Re: Cannot install new version of msn

msi.dll is component that contains functions used to install MSI (Microsoft Installer) packages. You might need an updated version of the MSI Windows Installer. You can get it from Microsoft at You might need an updated version of the MSI Windows Installer. You can get it from Microsoft By click on this link

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

its seem be a registry error try downloading ccleaner and Clean your registry using it , you can also Use Windows Registry Checker Tool (Scanreg.exe) Windows Registry Checker automatically scans the system registry for invalid entries and empty data blocks when it is started. If invalid registry entries are detected, Windows Registry Checker automatically restores a previous day's backup. This is equivalent to running the scanreg /autorun command from a command prompt. If no backups are available, Windows Registry Checker tries to make repairs to the registry. This is equivalent to running the scanreg /fix command from a command prompt. If the registry contains more than 500 KB of empty data blocks, Windows Registry Checker automatically optimizes it.

try this, it works! update your operating system by visiting the microsoft update site , Try downloading Windows Live Messenger 8.5 it is more stable than the others ,understand that , you should be having the XP administrator account and after that installation of the service pack 2 or 3 is essential for the proper installation of windows live messenger