Thread: Is one Year trail pack of Windows 7 available

Is one Year trail pack of Windows 7 available

Hi,
    Recently due to virus I had formatted my computer. A technician has installed a trial version of Windows 7 in my computer. The trial version will run for some 90 days. Now again I will need to get a license copy for the full version. I was wondering that is it possible to use Windows 7 for one year. Means can I use the trial pack for continue one year. Thanks.

Re: Is one Year trail pack of Windows 7 available

No I think it not possible. You can only do one thing. Re-install the operating system back to get more 90 days for the software. I don't think that there is one year trial pack available. The 90 day trial is free for use. I will recommend you to go for Beta version of Windows 7. If you found then this can be used for more than a year.

If you are a student then you might get a full free copy of Windows 7 RTM by Microsofts MSDNAA program. If not then a better option will be to buy a license copy only. It is better if you search for Beta version of the operating system on internet. The beta version is provided for free use but for much more time limit as compare to the trial pack.

Here is a small trick by which you can extend grace period of the trail pack. But this need some configuration settings. I have done this to my Windows Vista trail pack in which I got more 360 days. First log in as administrator. Then run command prompt. Type slmgr -rearm and hit enter. After giving the command you will be prompted for restart windows. After your trail period will be reset. The same command can be used 3 more time to keep on adding 30 days each.