Thread: Changing Date format in Excel

Changing Date format in Excel

I am using excel 2003 on my windows xp computer. I want to know the procedure to change date format in excel sheet. After entering data it must change automatically to another format.

Re: Changing Date format in Excel

Select the cell(s) (where you want to insert data)containing the date(s) > Open the menu "format" and choose "cells" > On the list on the left choose "custom" > It may be that the dates are simply formatted as YYMMDD. In the "type" text field you will see something like m/d/yyyy(you can also select another format) , delete it, and type the following instead: dd-mmm-yy > Click OK.

First select the cells and go to <Format> <Cells> <Number> tab In the Category window, click on <Date> And see if you can find something that you like in the Type window, Then click OK. Or, if the dates are currently entered as text or numbers, use a formula to convert.

In Microsoft Excel, when you use the date code, &[Date], to insert the date in the header or footer of a document, the date appears in the default "MM/DD/YY" format. The time code, &[Time], appears in the default "H:MM AM/PM" format. These date and time formats are based on the Date and Time tabs in the Regional Settings Properties dialog box.