Thread: Flash player based video lagging in Windows 7

Flash player based video lagging in Windows 7

I have installed Windows 7 Rc and whenever I try to play any streaming video on either youtube or myspace or any other site, the video lags. I have upgraded to Internet Explorer 8 and using the latest version and apart from that I have also used different browsers like chrome and firefox but still the lag is there. I have also installed the latest version of flash plugin. Can anyone please help me out. Thank you

Re: Flash player based video lagging in Windows 7

Are you running anything behind in the background while watching the videos? What is you system specs? If you play any video on your system on Windows Media Player, then do you still get the video lags? Does this problem arises only on Windows 7 or you may have noticed earlier in your earlier verisons of Windows?

I think that your internet is getting eaten up either by some services / game updaters or by Windows Update. Have you checked for any malwares / trojans with some antivirus programs cause it might be possible that your ram might be eaten up due to this severity. Open up task manager and check for the stats while watching a video.

Uninstall and install the flash player again. If you have problems installing the Adobe Flash Player, then you might use the uninstaller program to remove the old Adobe Flash Player version and try installing the new version again afterwards.

How to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX control
    1.Download the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller:

•Windows: uninstall_flash_player.exe (205 KB) (updated 7/30/09)
    •Mac OS X, version 10.4 and above: uninstall_flash_player_osx.dmg (338 KB) (updated 10/09/09)
    •Mac OS X, version 10.3 and below: uninstall_flash_player_osx_10.2.dmg (1.3 MB) (updated 05/27/08)
    •Mac OS 8.x, 9.x: uninstall_flash_player.hqx (33 KB)

2.Save the file to your system, choosing a location where you can find it (for example, your desktop). Macintosh users may need to open or unstuff the .hqx file.

3.Quit ALL running applications, including all Internet Explorer or other browser windows, AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, or other Messengers. Check the Windows system tray carefully to make certain no applications are still in memory which might possibly use Flash Player.

4.Run the uninstaller. This will remove Adobe Flash Player from all browsers on the system.