Thread: Windows 7 Movie Screen saver

Windows 7 Movie Screen saver

Hi,
    Does anyone knows how to enable Windows 7 Movie screensaver. I have seen the save in my friends computer. You can simply add up your favorite movie and that is played in the screen saver when needed. I had searched all the files and folders here but could find the same option in my computer. I too use Windows 7. Where can I download the same if it is not available in my computer. Thanks.

Re: Windows 7 Movie Screen saver

The option of which you are talking about is Windows DreamScene. This option allows you to add up pictures as well as a movie in the back ground. Just right click on the desktop and you can see the option personalize. Here see for a video option under the screen saver option. By default it is available on all Windows 7 operating system. The movie format must be in .wmv type other wise the movie will not be displayed.

Just right click and choose personalize. In the option if you do not find the same here then you can manually download and install the same from the official site of Microsoft. It is available for free download. The same I had linked below. You can download from here also. Just add that on your desktop and run the setup. Add up your movie and check back again.
    Download Video Screen Saver

First save a video files in My Videos folder in .wmv format. Then right click on the desktop and choose personalize. It is a additional service in Windows 7. Add your video in the box and set the time level. It is necessary that the video file format must be proper. You can also download a third party software for the same. But one thing you will have to ensure that this eats up your memory so better avoid it.