Thread: I am not able to copy and paste data in Excel 2008

I am not able to copy and paste data in Excel 2008

Hi, I am Mac OS X user and have installed Office 2008 for MAC. I think something is went wrong with my Excel application. I am just not able to copy and paste data properly on my sheet. Whenever i am trying to paste any data it does not match the cell format for the cells in the column.

Is there anyone having idea about this? Please help me out to fix this problem ?

Re: I am not able to copy and paste data in Excel 2008

If you're trying to paste a large amount of information, make sure that the cell format for the cells in the column matches the format of the information that you want to paste, and then paste the information one column at a time.

Change the cell format for a column. to do so:-
    • Click the column heading (A, B, C, and so on) for the column that you want to change.
    • On the View menu, click Formatting Palette.
    • Under Number, on the Format pop-up menu, click the cell format that matches the information you are trying to paste into the column.

Select a range of cells for the Paste area that's exactly the same size and shape as the copied data. Select a range of cells that is exactly the same number of rows and columns as the information you want to paste and click Paste.

Or try to insert more columns, and then try pasting again. Click the column heading (A, B, C, and so on) for the column to the right of where you want to add a column. On the Insert menu, click Columns. The column that you originally selected shifts to the right and the new column appears. Repeat step 2 until you have inserted the number of columns that you want.

Hey, thanks for sharing this useful tips and info. I am also using Office 2008 and face similar kind of problems in Excel.

I hope this gonna help me lot as well. I appreciate help from you all guys. Keep it up !!