Thread: Microsoft Front Page for Linux

Microsoft Front Page for Linux

Hi,
    I want a software same as Microsoft Front Page for Linux to create web pages. I had worked on Microsoft Front Page ample of time. I am familiar with the features and controls. Now I am working on a Linux machine. So I need the same software or you called as clone software for Linux. The software must be similar to Microsoft Front Page and has all features what it has. Is there any tool for the same. I am trying to search the same in Google but did not find any. Other than this there are some additional tools which I do not want to use. Thanks in advance.

Re: Microsoft Front Page for Linux

I know a software that is similar to Microsoft Front Page and works on Linux. The name of the tool is Quanta Plus. It has a rich web development working environment and it is highly stable. You can simply import DTDs files and edit them under XML. You can create visual dialogs for your scripts. In the same way you to each script you can assign any file operation. The application is based on KDE. This simply means that it is transparent to network in the from of any dialog or project. Try it out.

The only tool which I know in Linux for web development is Mozilla Composer. It is a open source HTML editor and a web authoring module.The tool is used to generate and edit web pages, mails and other text documents. It is fully compatible with wide range of operating systems like Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. The GUI mode of Mozilla Composer makes it very easy for the user to work. As it a free version just give a try and see weather you can work on it.

The best tool recommend for web designing is Adobe Dreamweaver. It is a web development software provided by Macromedia. The application runs on multiple platforms. The tool support multiple web technologies like server side scripting languages, JavaScript, CSS and frameworks like ColdFusion, ASP and PHP. It is a WYSIWYG tool and also a code based web designing and development software. You can hide the HTML codes and work in GUI mode as what you do in Microsoft Front Page. You can simply see the preview and edit the same as per your need. You need not to worry about the tool it is very easy to use.