Thread: iSync won't open after MAC OS Update

iSync won't open after MAC OS Update

Hi,, one of my friend who is a MAC user has recently upgraded his MAC to v10.5. Every thing is fine but after the update whenever he try to launch iSync that is already install before the update, is not responding. It just won't launch. Now we don't have any idea about whats went wrong.

Do we need to reinstall iSync again? Why the iSync is not opening after MAC OS Update? Please help me out.

Re: iSync won't open after MAC OS Update

This can happen if iSync was removed from the Applications folder before Leopard was installed and you are attempting to open the earlier version. Try to open it with the Terminal command that is

Code:
    /System/Library/Frameworks/SyncServices.framework/Versions/A/Resources/resetsync.pl full
    iSync version 3.0 is included with Leopard (in the Applications folder). Delete any 2.x or earlier versions of iSync. You can select iSync's icon in the Finder, then choose Get Info from the File menu to see which version it is.

What i can suggest you is to reinstall iSync again and once you are done, try to update it. If you use a Dock icon for iSync that points to the earlier version, you may need to drag it off the Dock to remove it. Simply drag the Leopard version of iSync from the Applications folder to the Dock.

To avoid issues such as this, remember to always keep iSync and other Apple-installed applications in the Applications folder (dragging an application's icon to the Dock does not move the application).

Hey guys, thanks for sharing this topic. I am also having a similar problem with my MAC and iSync as well. Actually after i updated my MAC OS, iSync opens but it don't allowing me to add a device to iSync.

I tried many times but still the same problem. Do you guys have any idea?

I can get what might be the problem's cause but i can suggest you some troubleshooting. First of all make sure your device is iSync-compatible.If the device is a Bluetooth or USB mobile phone, make sure that you're using the correct connection method for the device like some Bluetooth phones can only sync with iSync using a USB cable.If you're trying to add a Palm OS device, make sure you've enabled Palm syncing by choosing Devices > Enable Palm OS Syncing. For instructions on setting up your Palm OS device, click "Tell me more."Quit iSync, then open it and try to add the device again.