Thread: HP Nas server not working - Windows server 2003 Standard Edition

smile HP Nas server not working - Windows server 2003 Standard Edition

Hello Support tech's
    our NAS server was a working server
    2 weeks back, server had rebooted itself. I could not see the login screen after this reboot.
    I had tried boot in safemode and there also no login screen. I tried to boot the server using windows server 2003 standard edition to go to recovery console.
    After boot up screen, windows gave me a message that it could not detect any HDD in the server.
    I checked in support site telling me to boot in recovery mode using correct scsi driver.

I had tried to load this drivers using F6 option but it never helped me. It says that LSI driver is already available in W23k server CD.
    But still I tried loading it from floppy driver and it showed drivers loaded. After the boot up process, windows turned up saying it could not detect any HDD on the server
    1. Is this a new setup or was this working before? = It was working before as mentioned below.
    2. How many drives are present and what are their model?= 4 Drives are present and each 640 GB
    3. Which is the CD that you are using to install Windows?= Windows server 2003 standard edition. Im trying to boot with this CD not install
    Questions u may ask
    Support site says get into the LSI BIOS and see if hard drives are detected there. = How to get into the LSI BIOS to see the HDD?

HP NAS Details:
    HP Proliant DL100 Model 640GB Storage Server
    Product number: 367988-B21
    When I open the front panel I can see the below information
    P/No. 4BSN6FBTO10

I believe I had given you all information which you require to solve this problem.
    Please help me to get into this server as all our data are in f drive. we need to get this data at the earliest.
    Thank you for the support in advance
    muffins.

Re: HP Nas server not working - Windows server 2003 Standard Edition

Windows Storage Server 2003 is a dedicated file and print server based on Windows Server 2003 that is designed for dependability, seamless integration, and best value in networked storage. Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP2 is not supported on some earlier HP ProLiant Storage Server and HP StorageWorks NAS products with no Windows Server 2003 Service Pack.

Re: HP Nas server not working - Windows server 2003 Standard Edition

Hello Chroma
    Thanks for the reply. I do know HP Nas is a dedicated storage server.
    I would appreciate if you could read my question below and help me in repairing the windows to make our HP Nas working. Appreciate your help
    Wish you a blessed day!
    brgds - Prajeeth