Thread: How can i import iChat contact list to MobileMe

How can i import iChat contact list to MobileMe

Hi,, I am a MAC OS X user since long time. Hence i have iChat account but few months ago, apple offered a new account that is MobileMe with @me.com. Now I started using MobileME account. So i want to import my all contact list to the same account from the previous one that is iChat. Do you guys have any idea how to import iChat contact list to MobileMe ? Please let me know too. Thanks for all your kindness.

Re: How can i import iChat contact list to MobileMe

MobileMe and iChat accounts are both linked with AOL Instant Messenger accounts. So it is very easy to import contact list with the help of AOl Instant Messenger. Here is how to do that:-
    • If the AIM application is not installed or is not up-to-date, download the latest AIM installer for Microsoft Windows. Install the AIM application.
    • Open AIM and sign in with your .Mac membername. Be sure to include "@mac.com" with your member name when signing in.
    • Choose Save Buddy List from the AIM menu.
    • Save the AIM Export File to your desktop.
    • Sign out of AIM by choosing Sign Out from the AIM menu.
    • In the Sign On screen, enter your MobileMe membername. Be sure to include "@me.com" with your member name.
    • Choose Load Buddy List from the AIM AIM menu.
    • In the Load Buddy List dialog, navigate to your desktop and select the AIM Export File you previously saved.
    • Select the Options and Groups you wish to Import.
    • Click Load.
    • Quit AIM by choosing Exit AIM from the AIM menu.

Syncing contacts seems like it should be fairly straightforward; after all, you're just shuffling around digital business cards. But remember that while doing this process the picture associated with the contact may not be retained. To fix this problem, follow this steps:-

• Use over the air sync to send your contact and image from MobileMe Contacts to your iPhone or iPod touch.
    • Turn on Find My iPhone to let you find your device on a map at me.com/account.
    • Tap Done.
    • Turn on Passcode Lock so only you can turn Find My iPhone on and off:
      • Tap Settings.
      • Tap General, then Passcode Lock.
      • Enter a passcode and confirm.
    • Use tether sync to send your contact and image from MobileMe Contacts to your computer. See this article for instructions on setting up tether sync to your computer.

If your Groups do not automatically appear in iChat,after the import of the contact list to MobileMe choose Use Groups from the View menu while your MobileMe Buddy List is the foremost window.You can send and receive email using your MobileMe email address using Mail.