Thread: Limewire stuck on startup

Limewire stuck on startup

Hello all,

I am running Windows XP SP 3, LW version 5.2.13, Java version 6.16.I have used LW in the past and never had issues.Now I upgraded it to the new version to stuck with.After downloading LW and Java, Java first, restart, then LW, also deleted application data.. When I start LW a screen comes up that says some legal stuff, the buttons are all there.but when I try to push them nothing occurring, even LW will not open. I altered the compatibility to windows 2000 and NT to see nothing happen.what suppose to do here some body here to guide me

thanks for any posts..

Re: Limewire stuck on startup

I've had the same head aches. It would happen prob crash every second time i ran it... But when ever i compiled and started using the 2.6.12 (was using .10) kernel I am yet to see it crash.I would suggest attempt for re-installing Java,it some times sort out the problem.First un-installed Limewire then Java re-install.I know it wasn't Limewire because i'd tried re-installing it previously.

Well,my fix might be setting up a Test account, see if LW will open within it. If so, then the trouble is something to do with your main account. Create a fresh account in future delete via control panel.Which version of LW were you using prior this one?Have you ran LW as admin?.Which security programs do you have on your computer. You may require to manually add LW to your firewall exceptions,deleting the older one. Not that this should necessarily apply to your problem, but same might apply to other security software.

I guess that's one of the Java components.Try to grab the big (about 15 megs) offline installer for Java , uninstall and scrub out all remnants of the Java you have currently with your computer,reboot,fully install from the offline file,restart and then try LimeWire again.if you still get the stall on startup, locate your personalized settings folder which is under your name in the hidden Application Data folder wipe it clean.