Thread: Recover an Overwritten PST

Recover an Overwritten PST

I have recently install Office 2003 but before that i have took backup of my old.pst files. But while configuring new email account with Outlook i have dumped a user's outlook.pst into his new profile, then copied his old profile into the new , it means that i have overwrote the .pst. I have try to find to find a lot for solution but was not able to fix it. Can anyone tell me how can i recover Overwritten PST in Outlook 2003.

By mistake if you have overwritten PST file and now you want to recover those file then click on start menu and then click on run option over here copy paste the following C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapl\1033\scanpst.exe and press enter. Once it get open click on browse button and navigate to location where you have store your pst file then select on the PST file that you want to recover. Then again click on Start button to begin scanning the PST file for recoverable data. When prompted by the program, choose to make a backup of the scanned file. Click on the "Repair" button once the scan has finished to recover the overwritten PST file.

I have try to follow the above steps which you have told me but was not able to recover any pst file, is there any other way where i can recovery my overwritten pst file, its very important for me to get those pst because i am having some important emails like bank information, passport information etc.

Download recover outlook pst file

If you really want to have recovery of overwritten PST files then i would suggest you to use recover outlook pst file data where this tool is very easy to use, the process is divided into several simple steps, no need to modify something, just accept all settings by default. For downloading recovery software click below.

Download

Re: Recover an Overwritten PST

There is no need to get tensed even if you are facing the PST file corruption. In fact, if you are looking for an option that can facilitate you to fix PST file corruption, then you can help of Recoveryfix for Outlook PST Repair software. With the help of this proficient PST recovery software, you can successfully repair corrupt PST files very easily and instantly. The utility can even restore emails even if PST headers have got damaged.