Thread: Need help merging srt files

Need help merging srt files

Hi,

I need to merge .srt subtitle file with AVI file or any other popular video format, Which software would i need to merge an avi files with the .srt subtitles so that. I tried with windows movie maker but it does not work at all. When i play movie with subtitle on windows media player , it doesnt show subtitle. I dont know whats wrong.

Thank you

Re: Need help merging srt files

To mrege .srt file first of all you open vlc click file, open file or ctrl+F as shortcut you browse for your avi file, you click the checkbox to use subtitle file
    browse for the subtitle file usually .srt, click ok. You are done. To play subtitle VLC and BSplayer are best option to open avi load subs and have fun.

You need to Download Two Softwares
    1.DirectVobSub
    2.Winavi

DirectVobSub is simply a DirectShow filter which can be used to view files created subtitles in VobSub during playback with Windows Media Player, PowerDivX NextGen and maybe other players too. Since the rise VobSub subtitles as images bitmaps rather than using an OCR, you can have all sorts of special characters without problems and you do not adapt to another program. oncle you convert your file with Winavi , Name the Video file and Srt File with same name as Movie.avi and Movie.srt.

Go to this site, its an online .srt subtitle time correction. insert the two srt subtitle files you want to merge, insert the time of the end of first part + a few seconds (look up the time of last sub in the first file , try and hit the back button to change, if the subs aren't correct yet.