Thread: How to create parts in rar files

How to create parts in rar files

Hi,

I have some movies which i want to convert in to rar files, The total size of the movie is 1 gb and i want divide this movie in to 10 parts, but i dont know what software do i use to make parts. i tried to convert using winrar. but it doesn't allow to make partition of files.

please help!!!!

Re: How to create parts in rar files

I dont know how to do it on Winrar but you can use 7-Zip which is similar to winrar, It can compress your folders and files so they use less space on your hard drive. The program is able to create archives formats 7z, TAR, Gzip, Bzip2 and ZIP. It can open many formats such as 7z, ZIP, CAB, RAR, ARJ, gzip, bzip2, TAR, CPIO, RPM and DEB. There may be an option for splitting the files.

Winrar is a powerful compressing software on the market. If you want to make parts using winrar, then you can do it by going in to general tab>> and choose compression method from normal to best, and in below you will find Split to volumes bar here type the number of parts which you want to create. press ok. You are done

Use PowerArchiver, its a powerful archive utility that can compress / decompress formats 7Z, ZIP, CAB, LHA (LZH), TAR, tar.gz, tar.bz2, BH, RAR, ARJ, ARC, ACE, ZOO, GZ and BZIP2 . It protects the files with passwords and can also have them checked by a virus. It can handle files encoded in XXE and UUE and can also create self extracting files in ZIP, RAR, ACE, ARJ, LHA and BH. A very useful function allows to decompress multiple files.