Thread: Workbook is not displaying in Excel 2007

Workbook is not displaying in Excel 2007

Hi, i am using MS office 2007 on my Vista computer. It was working finr till yesterday. But today morning when i was trying to open one of my workbook that contains important data, excel just open blank. It gives me error saying "Windows cannot find 'FilePath\FileName', Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." I tried with some other workbooks as well but the result is same. I don't know whats went wrong with the office. Do i need to reinstall the Microsoft Office ? Please help. Why Excel opens without displaying a workbook ?

Re: Workbook is not displaying in Excel 2007

This error occurs if you have selected Ignore other applications setting in Excel. If the Ignore other applications setting is selected, Excel ignores DDE messages sent to it by other programs. As a result, the DDE message sent to Excel by Windows Explorer is ignored, and Excel does not open the workbook that you double-clicked.

Excel may actually open your workbook, but the file will not open. If Excel is already running, a second instance of Excel may start. To fix this error you need to follow these few simple steps:-
    • In Microsoft Office Excel 2007, click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Excel Options.

• Click Advanced, and then click to clear the Ignore other applications check box in the General area.

• Click OK.

Hey, thanks for sharing this useful info. I had similar problem with my Excel 2003.I am using it on my Windows XP computer and when i trying to open any excel file, it get opened blank.

Do this steps work for me as well ? Please help.

Nope, those steps are for office 2007. You need to follow some different step that are mentioned below:-

• In Microsoft Office Excel 2003 or earlier versions of Excel click Options, on the Tools menu.
    • Click the General tab.
    • Click to clear the Ignore other applications check box, and then click OK.

After you do this, you should be able to open workbooks by double-clicking them in Windows Explorer.