Thread: How to convert MOD to MP4

How to convert MOD to MP4

Hi friends,

I have recently recorded some video on my friends camcorder and at the same time i was able to transfer on my computer, but when i try to play it on my computer when i asked my friend about it, he told me that i need to convert MOD to MP4 and then i will be able to play on my computer. Can anyone tell me how to convert MOD format to MP4 and at the same time can anyone provide me some information about mod format too.

How to convert MOD to MP4

Normally MOD format are being used by JVC, Panasonic, and Canon in some models of camcorders. The .MOD file format is, obviously, a proprietary file format that JVC has engineered to help their camcorders function with their Direct to Disk/Share Station product. But, the challenge, as you have found, is to use the native .MOD files for video editing. The ideal solution to the problem would be the ability to batch render these .MOD files to DV-AVI files by simply selecting the clips you want encoded and pressing a "start" button. To that effect, the computer would individually convert each file. In the end you'd have a bunch of completely edit-able video clips.

Download 4Easysoft Mod to MP4 Converter

If you want to convert MOD to MP4 then i would suggest you to 4Easysoft Mod to MP4 Converter which allows you to enjoy the videos recorded even if you don't have tape camcorder. At the same time it also has powerful Video Editing functions and it also supports other formats like MPEG, MPG, MP4, VOB as the input format, and it converts these files to MP4, AVI, MP3, AAC, M4A, etc. Click below for downloading software.

partake06 Guest

Re: How to convert MOD to MP4

I use JVC camcorder recorded a wonderful vacation and now want to share it with family and friend, but there is a big problem i met at the first time that is how to convert MOD to mp4 acceptable to iPhone.

after doing a google search, i found out a best solution that is to convert mod with Moyea MOD Converter adopted advanced audio and video sync technology and multi-thread encoding technology.

People who own JVC MOD camcorders, Panasonic MOD camcorders or Canon MOD camcorders encountered the issue with--- what to do with the MOD files? And they hold the same dream that the recorded .MOD file type can be converted to mpeg, avi, mkv, flv, mp4, wmv or whatever more common. However, most major video editing suites seem to unwillingly accept the MOD format.

Someone successfully made it simply by changing the extension from .Mod to MP4, but for most people, they just failed only to find there is no audio after the extension is changed, or the changed one doesn’t allow you to import these files into Windows movie maker, not to mention upload some video to Youtube.com or Facebook. People use different operation system, windows xp, Vista or else. No one wants to say they just want to enjoy the .mod files on camcorder

Hey Bavol,

I actually just found another program named as Cyberlink PowerDirector which can do the same as you are expecting to perform .. Just download it from the net and perform the following steps to complete the procedure :

1. Launch the PowerDirector
    2. Just import entire .MOD files.
    3. Locate all your .MOD files to the timeline (or) If you need to create single .AVI or .MPG files, add the files to the timeline particularly.
    4. Once your timeline is configured how you would like it, Click “Produce”
    5. Now choose Save to File
    6. Finally choose .AVI or .MPG and choose the directory that you would like your file saved to.

michaeldisuza Guest

Actually there is another MOD converter software which doesn't need to even to go to time line etc. Just import the file and whole file is converted. If you want to edit the video file then try editing tools such as Sony Vegas.