Thread: Windows movie maker codec v.1.1.0

Windows movie maker codec v.1.1.0

Hi,

I am using Windows movie maker to convert videos, i have converted many video files successfully but now when I try to import an avi file it gives me an error, avi cannot be imported because the codec required to play the file is not installed on your computer. If you have already tried to download and install the codec. close and restart Windows Movie Maker, and then try to import the file again.

Thank you

Re: Windows movie maker codec v.1.1.0

Have you tried GSpot, A small problem with audio / video file that you can not read no picture, no sound or both. This software tells you what codec should be used to read the file. Download it from here . ive used this tool to identify the file type. once you got the file type search on net and download the require codec.

just like GSpot , MediaInfo is a small utility that provides detailed information on the codec used by an audio or video. The list of codecs found is very broad: MP3, Matroska, OGG, WMA, WMV, QuickTime, MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4, Real Media, AAC, AIFF In short, difficult to trap. Its interface is all that there's more simple: just point it to a file or a directory containing files and audio / video and let them scan it. The result can then be displayed in different ways: table, tree, plain text or HTML page. Data can be exported into text, HTML or CSV.

If you are unable to open this file in Windows movie maker then why dont you use VirtualDub Mod. VirtualDubMod is a modified version of the famous VirtualDub. Therefore, this software has many features: extract the soundtrack of a video, recompress the video format DivX, XviD, etc. VirtualDubMod adds more support for the codec Matroska (. MKV) files and manages the GMO. VirtualDubMod can also do video capture if you have a device to acquire audio-video.