Thread: Quicktime green screen porblem

Quicktime green screen porblem

hello,

since I formatted, I'm having problems with QuickTime when playing movie trailers from the internet or normal videos stored in my pc, I reinstalled quicktime and since then quicktime will not play any video, there is a green screen or a screen filled with snow that is displayed while the sound plays normally. A missing codec is the problem ?

Thank you in advance:

Re: Quicktime green screen porblem

I had a lot of problems with new versions of quicktime: green screen, drive to crash, blue screen and dump of physical memory. I searched on net but could not get a proper solution, Finally I ended up completely disabling quicktime and Now i am using vlc I use that not only reads all the quicktime videos without any problem but can also watch in full screen, which is not possible with the free version of the software of apple.

I found how to operate: Disable DirectX in QuickTime options. after this restart the quicktime player. and still if you are facing the grenn screen problem then use the older version of Quick time or Uninstall and install the current version. i hope this helps.

Launch Quicktime player and go to menu, click 'Edit', 'Preferences' on the 'Advanced' tab, in the 'Video' section un-check the box for 'Enable Direct3D video acceleration'. press ok, after that exit from Quicktime player and re-open Quicktime player. Still if its not working try disabling DirectX in Quicktime by selecting 'Safe mode (GDI only).