Thread: AC3 does not work in Vista Media Center Edition

AC3 does not work in Vista Media Center Edition

Hi,
    I want to know weather the Vista media center supports ac3 sound format. Because I have a DVD of this type of music files. I copied them in my Media center pc. But when I play the player in MCE does not play it. May be it might not support. The traditional format which media center supports is mpeg type. So instead of converting the entire DVD to mpeg is there a short way by which those files can be viewed on the media center. Like a codec or a addon player. Thanks in advance.

Re: AC3 does not work in Vista Media Center Edition

Do you have installed FFDshow in your Media center pc. If not then download it and install. But if you had already installed it then you will need to properly configure the as3 filter in it. Once it is configure the Media center player will read it and will give out any error. Once all the codecs and filter are configured properly you will not face any issue regarding the codec thing. Or either you can try cyberlink decoder if the problem persist.

Install a XviD and DivX codec. Then if possible also put haali media splitter. This tools have a built in library of available codecs. It supports almost all types of audio formats available right now. So the error coming in your media center is probably due to the absence of appropriate codec. Once it is up to date then the error will not appear. You can even use haali media splitter for editing movies.

Just go to the below link and download the codec pack. The codec pack contains all the relevant codec needed for current file type. By this you will able to play multiple formats. This will improve and enhance you system's functionality. There will no system conflict from the package. Install and put the setting to default. The codec supports quicktime, swf, flv, mpeg, wmv, etc type of files. Or if possible then install Windows Media Player Classic Home Cinema in your Vista MCE.
    Vista Codec Pack