Thread: How to upgrade a DVRMSToolbox in Windows MCE

How to upgrade a DVRMSToolbox in Windows MCE

Hi,
    I had recently installed a DVRMST tool box on my media center pc. The tool is awesome for skipping advertisement. Quiet useful. But now the tool box does not function properly. There is some system issue in the media center. I had added a new plug in and from after that my Media Center works extremely slow. I had removed the old plug in and now want to upgrade the DVRMST tool box. I need some details on that. I will also like to know that how does it works in Windows MCE. Is it an essential tool for all the media center pc's. I had seen some more skipper toolbox and before switching to another one I will read some more on it. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to upgrade a DVRMSToolbox in Windows MCE

It is a essential tool but it is not necessary that all the media center must have it. It is on you to decide what to go for. I am too using this add skipping tool and does not discovered any problem till now. I will advice you to first check about the update for the tool. The tool can cause you a performance issue due to re-encoding and other process. Do this on the first day do not use the tool. See how is your system performance. If there is not issue then there might be some other plug in which is causing the error. It will be better if you re-install it.

Here before deleting or adding up a new plugin first try this solution. Go to Start Menu > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative tools > event. Delete everything from this. Then use your media center again for viewing or recording shows. Check the event viewer. If see any files running and causing error then remove it. The second solution you can try is better re-install the tool box and registered it on the ShowAnalyzer. Otherwise last option will be to completely remove and switch to a different tool box.

Windows security application can also be the causing problem. Disable your antivirus settings and then use the MCE. If works then that can be due your antivirus or firewall which is not allowing the tool to work properly. Basically the main function of this tool is to skip adds on your live tv. The tool box manipulates the DVR-MS and mpeg2 video files.