Thread: Mp4 codec problem in windows movie maker

Mp4 codec problem in windows movie maker

Hello,

I have a problem, i have some English songs videos, But when i open it with Windows Movie Maker get this message. "can not be imported because the codec required to reading is not installed on your computer". If you have already downloaded and installed the codec, close and restart Windows Movie Maker, and then import the video. and I have no idea to solve it?: the video i am trying to play is in MP4 format. so i think its mp4 codec Problem. Is there any solution to this.

Re: Mp4 codec problem in windows movie maker

Use AVIcodec, with this utility you can analyze all files in a directory in one operation. An icon "no entry" indicates that the codecs needed to read the file are not installed and a link to go directly to a site offering the download of the missing codec. A second tab displays the list of codecs and filters installed on the machine, which will be very useful for diagnosis.

To read or encode a video, you must have the codecs (coding algorithms) where appropriate. Codec pack video and audio on this link. The ACE Mega Codec Pack will install at once the latest version of an incredible number of codecs that are too numerous to list here.

Ty MPEG Streamclip, its a converter for audio / video multi-formats. It allows among others to support videos in many formats, MPEG to MOV via MP4, AVI, DV. It allows you to convert numerous video files, wherever they come to better integrate them into timelines mounting Premiere, Windows Movie Maker or other video editing software.

I downloaded, installed MPEG Stream. I did know why when converting was processed, my computer was extremely slow. I uninstalled the program.

After google search, I find this detailed solution to convert MP4 to WMV or AVI. The conversion is fast, quality is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanD View Post
    Ty MPEG Streamclip, its a converter for audio / video multi-formats. It allows among others to support videos in many formats, MPEG to MOV via MP4, AVI, DV. It allows you to convert numerous video files, wherever they come to better integrate them into timelines mounting Premiere, Windows Movie Maker or other video editing software.

There are many tools on web that can be used for this purpose. What matters the most is proper conversion quality. The converter usually spoils the video and audio output after generating the final result. Among this the widely use tool is Total Video Converter. I had used this tool many time. The only thing it lacks if you convert a low grade video to high quality then entire result will be messed up. For example making a avi from 3gp video. But if you go in reverse the quality is maintained to extent.