Thread: Disable Aero in Windows Media Center pc

Disable Aero in Windows Media Center pc

Hi,
    Whenever I play some games on the media center pc the game works very slowly and hangs in the middle. I think Windows Aero is causing the problem. If I disable it then it will free up more space and will increase the performance. I want some steps in disabling the aero space in multiple Windows operating system. I have a nvidia graphic card with 256Mb on board memory. I am ample of RAM around 4 gigs. So may the aero can be the cause. Thanks in advance.

Re: Disable Aero in Windows Media Center pc

The areo in Windows 7 and Vista are designed to increase and improve the visual performance of the system. It is a desktop management software of Windows. But many a time it consumes a lot of ram and make system slow. So you can just manually disable and enable it as per your use. To disble or turn it off open control panel from start menu. Then click on Ease of Access link. Now here select the option of change how your mouse works. Tick the item under which says prevent windows from being automatically arrange or move to any part of the screen. Click on OK and apply. Restart your system.

It is a glass type interface software which requires a graphic card support. So it hard to use them on old machine. You have to worry about the performance as it eats up some memory and keep on running in the background. You can simply disable it. Right click on Desktop and select Personalize. Then go to Windows Color and appearance. In that reduce the color intensity and then follow the appearance settings window. Choose the basic setting from it. If you choose windows 7 basic then it is fine.

Here is a easy way to disable it permanently. Right click on the Desktop and click on Personalize. Then go to Compatibility tab and at the bellow setting select the option of Disable Desktop Component. Exit it properly and restart your pc. In the same way choose the basic setting in the Vista Appearance column and then apply it. You can select Windows classic theme to make your system more fast.