Thread: activesync onenote with windows XP on mobile

activesync onenote with windows XP on mobile

Hi,

I would like to request that the Syncing of OneNotes with Windows Mobile is added. I am using Windows XP and ActiveSync to synchronize OneNote with OneNote Mobile running on Windows Mobile 6 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Re: activesync onenote with windows XP on mobile

Even I have a question with the Onenote activesync.
    I have a XV6700 with WM5 and when I open OneNote on my desktop and ActiveSync only syncs with the Devices and Mydocs. What about the files on the storage device? please shed some light. I got OneNoteMobile installed. Is there any way to store the notes on the storage card? & save to? There's no way I have room for the image potential as the main memory to store. Would installing it to the storage card do? I install the programs in main memory, and put data on the card.

You can use a app called WM5torage on the phone. The computer will detect then phone as an external hard drive connected by USB and see the file transfers to / from at lot faster rate. I use every day of my Pocket PC to take notes at. Without a version of the Pocket PC, am just not interested in OneNote. The blowing view properties you mentioned are cool gimmicks, but I'm in a meeting that they will not use. I just don't see the point of a note which applies to a device that is no mechanism of the text input.

I hope all your queries will get solved here:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/on...956221033.aspx

Setting up a partnership between your mobile device and your computer

The first time that you connect your mobile device to your computer, Microsoft ActiveSync prompts you to create a partnership. In ActiveSync, a partnership is a software connection between your computer and other hardware devices that lets you transfer and synchronize computer files, such as documents, e-mail messages, calendars, and notes.

1 Start Office OneNote 2007.
    2 Start Microsoft ActiveSync.
    3 Connect your mobile device to your computer.

* If you have a smartphone, connect it with a USB cable or over a wireless connection, such as a Bluetooth-enabled or infrared connection.
    * If your Pocket PC comes with a cradle, cradle the device.

4 If a connection is established, Microsoft Active Sync will start the New Partnership

5 In the New Partnership Wizard, click Standard partnership, and then click Next.
    6 To share information between OneNote Mobile and Office OneNote 2007 on your computer, click Synchronize with this desktop computer, and then click Next.
    7 In the list of synchronization settings, make sure that Microsoft Office OneNote is selected (you can clear the check boxes of any other options that you don't plan to use on your mobile device), and then click Next.
    8 Click Finish to start the partnership between your mobile device and your computer.

Synchronizing your mobile notes with OneNote on your computer

To synchronize notes between your mobile device and your computer, do the following:

1. Connect your mobile device to your computer.
    * If you have a smartphone, connect it to your computer with a USB cable or over a wireless connection, such as a Bluetooth-enabled or infrared connection.
    * If your Pocket PC comes with a cradle, cradle the device.
    2. When the connection is established, do one of the following:
    * In Microsoft ActiveSync on your computer, click Sync.
    * On your mobile device, select Start, select ActiveSync, and then select Sync.

During synchronization, your mobile notes are copied to a new Office OneNote 2007 notebook called OneNote Mobile on your computer. When synchronization has completed, you can drag your transferred notes into any other sections and other notebooks on your computer.