Thread: How to encode dvd to mp4

How to encode dvd to mp4

Hi,

I am Noob in video converter, and here is my problem, I have a digital camera that makes me a very good movie to MP4, for against impossible to read on my DVD player. I want information on how to convert DVD to MP4 format or iPod if possible. I bought a apple ipod recently so i want to play all my digital camera's video on my ipod too. how do I know what software use, and do I have to copy all the folders on the disc and after the convert! Or I take the files on the disk and I converted! What if my DVD is protected against copying?

Thank you

Re: How to encode dvd to mp4

All you need is a DVD to MP4 converter that can convert any video format to DVD MPEG-4 format, so you can import DVD video on your iPod. I remind you that the DVD copy subject to property rights or copyright is illegal. You have no help on this forum for how to remove these protections.
    Thank you for your help!

Magic DVD Ripper is a simple program that allows you to copy your DVDs as well as convert DivX, VCD, AVI, SVCD, VMW, IPOD or PSP. The software also allows the compression of a DVD movie to fit on a cake of 4.7gb, the removal of protections or regions, or a full copy of a DVD video on your hard drive without quality loss.

Nero allows you to import your files to MP4 and then encode them into DVD-Video visible. In video format both container and codecs are included. The containers (AVI, MKV, VOB, etc.) are kind of box that can store audio data (MP3, WAV, AC3, etc.) or video (DivX, MPEG2, etc.). The codecs are a method of compression or decompression, which encode the data stream. To check the codecs, use of small utilities that give information to their subjects as GSpot, MediaInfo or AVIcodec. MPEG has different formats including MPEG-2 (DVD) and MPEG-4. This one also has different formats (codecs) which is used by DivX or XviD (H.263) and MP4 (H.264) or MPEG-4 AVC used by TNT or HD.