Thread: Using Windows Media Player Classic on Vista MCE

Using Windows Media Player Classic on Vista MCE

Hi,
    Does anyone runs Media Player classic in Windows Vista Media Center. I am fed up trying several codec packs and other movie players. I had faced many problem in playing some type of audio files. First I installed Windows Media player classic in my pc which is not showing any DVD file. It is also not reading a real player file. I do not want to put different players for each and every type of audio format. I though Windows Media player classic is a best option for this. But did not got result as expected. Is there a way by which I can configure it properly and use the same in Windows Vista Media Center also.

Re: Using Windows Media Player Classic on Vista MCE

The reason is improper codec. First you cannot use a Media Player Classic in Vista. You will need to download a different version of Media Player which is compatible with the Vista MCE edition. You must first know the exact version of your operating system. That means it is a 32 bit or 64 bit version. For the DVD error just launch Media player and then go to MPC options > Internal Filters > Transform filters. This will enable the inbuilt mpeg2 decoder which will read your files. And for the rm files the Media player is not fully compatible to Real Player. You can solve the problem by removing the real player from your pc or using a older version. The best option is download K Lite codec pack.

I think you are not using the right version of Media Player classic. The correct version for Vista Media center is Media Player Classic Home Cinema with Vista Codec pack. You will have to download this one and then it will work smoothly in Vista MCE. It is a one stop solution for your multiple files. The software is based on original Media Player Classic version which is compatible and easy t use. The interface is designed a very much similar to Vista user interface. After proper installation of codec pack you can play almost all types of songs and videos in it. Or the best option is to convert your files to .avi format. You need powerful converter for the same.

Download Media Player Classic Home Cinema edition which is compatible with Vista MCE. It is a light software built for windows and has maximum codec support. It supports avi, quick time and real video which is usually not working in your system. The player support mpeg 1, mpeg 2 and mpeg 4 with svcd, vcd and dvd support. The player engine supports all HD and other DVD quality. It comes in both 32 bit and 64 bit version with a EVR support. You can playback your TV and use the OSD service. Support multiple languages.