Thread: Where to buy MQseries IBM license

Where to buy MQseries IBM license

I wanted to buy IBM license using mqseries client what should I do for that or else where should I get that license.

Re: Where to buy MQseries IBM license

I am not really sure of how the licensing works. But if you can get a copy of Client version of MQ for your use, you could connect to MQ server installed in your company without any issues. But I have also heard that WebSphere MQ provides reliable, resilient application integration by passing messages between applications and Web services. The client company does not need to get a license for a server version if it doesnt use or install one.

You may also try for WebSphere, following are some of the facilities provided by the Webshere, WebSphere MQ, the core of the MQ family, allowing you to leverage your existing software and hardware assets more effectively, also provides application connectivity. It can be used alone or with other members of the family to deliver an end-to-end business integration solution. WebSphere MQ enables you to integrate your applications reliably and consistently. WebSphere MQ delivers enhancements that simplify programming, harmonize features across platforms, and improve security and performance. You may buy this license online also.

What platform are you wanting the client to connect to? I believe that the z/OS Client (and all flavors of MVS) was a chargeable option. I may be wrong about that as we don't use it. WebSphere MQ enables you to begin deploying your enterprise service bus (ESB) today and gain the benefits of an integrated service-oriented architecture (SOA).